Monday, May 08, 2006

youtube.com

So, I'm discovering youtube.com. For COMM 159 I'm putting the videos from the Rocky Raccoon's event at the Local 506 on youtube.com.
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B4AA20AA231EBE32

It's free and pretty easy to use, so that's cool - can't complain about that. The drop in the picture quality b/c of the compression takes a bit of getting used to (but I'm new to putting stuff on the web anyway, so who am I to talk). I'll probably make myself a DVD of all of it to keep for myself, though. But again, it's free, easy, and all in all, a pretty great concept for a website. Anyone can upload their videos to it. How prolitarian. Especially considering potential threats to public access channels on TV, I'm really glad that a site like youtube.com exists.

Perhaps I'll have more to say later, but I'm tired and I need to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home